The Fessenden School seeks a motivated individual to serve as the primary support staff to the Advancement Office, which includes both Development and Communications. The Advancement Associate will serve as an integral part of a small, hardworking team of 8, and will provide administrative support for officers, projects, and programs. This position will report to the Director of Advancement Operations who is responsible for coordinating his or her work priorities/flow with a direct working relationship with the Director of Institutional Advancement.
The Advancement Associate will have three main areas of responsibility:
● Database Support
● Communications & Marketing Assistant
● General Administrative Duties
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
Under direction of the Advancement Operations Manager:
● Maintain the accuracy of all data and financial records in both Raiser’s Edge and
Whipple Hill databases
● Support the daily gift input and gift acknowledgment processes
● Generate daily and monthly financial reports
● Complete data entry changes and additions
● As needed, handle requests for reports, labels, phonathon forms, pledge reminders, and other information made by the advancement and other campus offices
Communications & Marketing Assistant
Assist the Directors of Marketing & Communications with the implementation of Fessenden’s marketing and communications plan as well as other schoolwide projects as needed, such as:
● Support design and creation of school magazine, and other printed and online materials, including writing articles, proofreading, selecting images, etc.
● Work effectively with vendors and/or offsite designers on various print projects and marketing specialty items
● Generate content for and help to maintain website including calendar, news stories, etc.
● Create and coordinate press releases, advertisements, etc.
● Assist with development and execution of social media strategy
General Administrative Duties
● Support all aspects of the advancement office to ensure efficiency and alleviate peak workloads (mail merges, mailings, filing, copying, etc.)
● Greet Advancement Office visitors and receive general calls to the Advancement Office.
● Draft, edit and produce reports, queries, acknowledgement letters, and other
communications and documentation for directors
● Assist the office with the planning and execution of all Advancement and School events as necessary:
○ Coordinate invitations, including design and/or supervision of invitations
○ Compile and track event RSVPs
○ Gather event materials prior to event including generating nametags and
○ Attend events as needed
○ Execute data gathering and follow up
● Take minutes at staff and committee meetings
● Maintain donor files and prospect materials and information
● Work with Parents’ Association and other parent and alumni volunteers to help with events, meetings, communications, signage, etc.
● Other miscellaneous duties, such as making travel arrangements and scheduling
appointments on occasion, maintaining and ordering supplies, reconciling credit card bills and receipts, and producing and distributing meeting minutes
● Strong computer knowledge and skills (Google Drive, Word and Excel; Raiser’s Edge or other database experience) and a willingness to learn more
● Excellent interpersonal skills and a cheerful demeanor in the office and in interactions with parents, alumni and friends in person and on the telephone
● Deadlineoriented and ability to thrive in a fastpaced, sometimes unpredictable,
● Flexibility and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at once and follow through
● Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
● Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
● Selfstarter with lots of initiative, enthusiasm, and pride in his/her work
● High level of discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information
● A good sense of humor and an eagerness to be part of a team as well as the ability to work independently
● Ability to work fulltime and occasional evenings and weekends
● A college degree and experience in an academic environment are preferred but not required
This fulltime position offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and a positive, team-oriented work environment. Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Dori Barclay, Advancement Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Fessenden School believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, ancestry, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local antidiscrimination laws. The School’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, conditions, and privileges of employment.