The Fessenden School Class Agent Job Description
Class Agent Volunteer Works With:
Development Office, Alumni Executive Committee, Director of Alumni Engagement and Development Summary:
As a Class Agent Volunteer, you represent Fessenden in your efforts to keep your classmates connected with the School and one another. Through this role, you will work with the School to promote alumni engagement through event attendance and volunteerism, and encourage financial support from members of your class. Alumni are more likely to support the Annual Fund when contacted by a classmate; therefore, a strong Annual Fund is only possible through the efforts of our Class Agent Volunteers. Your work is critical to the Fessenden’s success each year, and in the long-term. Class Agent Volunteers also play a vital role in keeping classmates connected by maintaining and promoting communication through social media, email, etc. and by helping to securing updated biographic information. Total time annually to perform job: 10 hours.
Thank you for continuing to be a vital part of the Fessenden community! Responsibilities of the Class Agent:
Responsibilities of the Annual Fund Office:
- Encourage classmates to attend regional and campus events.
- Recruit and motivate other classmates to volunteer.
- Relay important information (e.g., contact information updates) to Fessenden.
- Make your own donation early to lead by example: www.fessenden.org/giving.
- Solicit a small group of classmates to make a donation toward the Annual Fund.
- Write personal thank you notes to acknowledge a donation or a pledge of support.
- Be a positive advocate for Fessenden.
- Provide quick and easy training sessions as well as accurate, timely information and materials.
- Coordinate conference calls when necessary.
- Send pledge acknowledgements and write thank you notes to confirm donations.
- Provide Annual Fund financial updates and results as available.