KEY APPLICATION STEPS & DATES
Students entering Kindergarten should be 5 years old by September 1.
1. Create a Ravenna Account & Submit an Inquiry Form
– Establish an account on Ravenna
, our online application management system. Once your account is created, complete an inquiry form to start the application process.
2. Parent Campus Tour & Interview
Campus visits begin after October 12 and are a required part of the application process. Visit Ravenna
after October 8 to schedule your tour and interview.
3. Online Application – The online application, Common Parent Statement, and Fessenden Parent Statement Supplement, available on Ravenna, are due by February 1. This year, Fessenden has joined other Boston-Area Lower Schools in adopting a Common Parent Statement to create ease for families when applying to multiple schools. Rather than ask multiple, partially redundant questions, we pooled our questions, grouped them into categories, and then chose half a dozen questions which would constitute a Common Parent Statement. Additionally, there are some Fessenden specific questions for parents which are found in the Fessenden Parent Statement Supplement.
4. Candidate Assessment - An admissions associate will conduct an on-campus, one-on-one candidate assessment. Please visit Ravenna after October 15 to schedule an assessment for your son.
5. Candidate Visit - In a typical year, your son would participate in an on-campus Group Visit in December, January, or February. We will reach out to families directly should health and safety measures allow us to host those visits at a later date.
– The transcript record release form is available on Ravenna to download, sign, and submit to the candidate’s current school. The school must upload prior and current year transcripts to Ravenna
or email them directly to the Admissions Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org,
by February 1.
7. Teacher Evaluation Form
– After December 1, please provide current teachers with the grade-appropriate student evaluation form available on Ravenna.
Evaluations are confidential and the teacher/school must upload the forms to Ravenna or email them directly to the Admissions Office, at email@example.com,
by February 1.
8. Financial Aid Requests
– The deadline for financial aid applications is February 1. For more financial aid details, visit fessenden.org/financialaidls
Once all of the above steps are taken, the candidate’s application is considered complete. The Admissions Committee will begin to review completed applications on February 1, and a decision will be posted to your Ravenna account on March 10.
Applications completed after February 1 will be considered on a rolling basis based on availability. Please contact Admissions for more information about availability and the second round admissions process. Please note that to be fair to all candidates, applications received after the February 1 deadline will be considered only after initial decisions are made on March 10.