|“… Teach, nurture, and celebrate growing boys, cultivating each student’s individual potential …”|
These words are at the heart of Fessenden’s Mission Statement and they focus on preparing students, not only to succeed at the secondary school that they will attend, but also to embrace a world that changes daily in the ways information is accessed, ideas are communicated and work is accomplished.
The nature of technology is characterized by change. A plan for technology should be fluid enough to adjust to technological needs and advances that are unforeseen at the time when it is written. Rather than think in terms of hardware, software or numbers of staff, we should think in terms of what we feel are outward signs of a successful technology program.
|Technology at The Fessenden School recognizes that:|
- Students will acquire technology skills best through integration in everyday teaching of all subjects;
- Well-trained classroom teachers are the best conduits for transferring technology skills to students;
- Technology can play a vital role in linking past, present and future constituents to the school and to each other;
- A successful technology program must be current, responsive, flexible and tolerant of different user interests and abilities;
- The technology be driven by the needs of the School’s constituents (students, parents, alumni, faculty and staff) and not by availability of hardware or software;
- Privacy and ethics issues must always be considered as the use of technology grows and evolves within the School; and
- As technology becomes increasingly integrated into the academic and administrative landscape of the School, it will be reflected in the level of technology support that resides in the School.
|Academic Technology Resources|
Computers and other technologies significantly enhance the learning experience of Fessenden students at every level.
|Student Agreement for the Acceptable Use of Technology|
All Fessenden students and their advisors sign a student agreement annually. The agreement for our older students follows...
|Student E-Mail Policy|
The Fessenden School provides students with an e-mail account for academic purposes and to allow students to communicate with family and friends. Student use of this account is a privilege that requires students to comply with all of the terms and conditions listed here.