What Happens in Fessenden’s Extended Day Program?
Boys in our Massachusetts independent school who attend EDP start their afternoon with a break: playing, socializing, and enjoying a snack (outside, weather permitting). Then they move on to activities appropriate for their age and grade level.
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten
Clubs Available at The Fessenden School
Music Lessons at Fessenden
Our boys’ school near Boston also offers private music lessons during the Extended Day Program. Instruments and schedules vary based on instructors’ availability, and lessons incur an additional cost. Please contact us at email@example.com or 617-584-0875 for more information about current offerings and options.
“One of the things that makes Fessenden’s EDP so remarkable is how flexible and accommodating the staff is. On more than one occasion, something has come up at the last minute, and all I had to do was send EDP a quick email and my son was taken care of for the afternoon.”
— Fessenden parent
Fessenden Extended Day Program Schedule
- Monday through Friday, 2:40 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- EDP clubs end at 4:15 p.m.
- Supervised “Free Play” 4:15 p.m. until pick-up.
- Parents may pick up children anytime during EDP hours.
- EDP care is also available on a drop-in and emergency basis.
Fessenden Extended Day Program Fees
- Pick-up no later than 4:30 p.m. - $32.50 per day (drop-in rate - $40)
- Pick-up no later than 5:30 p.m. - $52.50 per day
- Coverage between Lower School dismissal (2:40 p.m.) and Middle School early sports dismissal (3:00 p.m.) - $11.50 per day, billed monthly (drop-in rate - $13)
- Coverage on Pre-Kindergarten/Kindergarten early dismissal Wednesdays (11:45 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.) - $46.00 per day, billed monthly